Come see what's new at Manatee Lagoon - An FPL Eco-Discovery Center! Our enhanced center has fully reopened, and you're invited to come enjoy the new offerings every day through manatee season from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Are you ready to learn all about manatees? Explore these fascinating marine mammals in a fun, yet in-depth virtual look at their biology and behavior, including when and why these animals frequent the waters surrounding our center. Have fun testing your newly-gained manatee knowledge in a quick round of trivia and discover even more by getting answers to your manatee-related questions from one of Manatee Lagoon’s educators, also known as Manatee Masters. Register today to join us for a 20- to 30-minute virtual presentation of “All About Manatees” open to all ages.
Date, time and more information once you register: Availability is shown on the event calendars. Once you complete registration for the program, look for the link to the WebEx Event that will be provided in the "Additional Information" section of the email you will receive. Please note, all programs are in Eastern Standard time.
Open public sessions - For individuals or groups:
- Advance registration is required and must be completed at least one hour in advance to allow for processing and distribution of links for participants to join live virtual sessions.
- Sessions will be hosted on WebEx Events.
- Please note that multiple groups may be booked for the same timeslot.
- For security, the WebEx Events platform disables participant’s webcams and microphones and participants may submit questions to the presenter only through a Q&A chat box.
- Please note that registrations for these sessions are pending that collective registrations meet our minimum criteria. If we do not meet our minimum criteria of presenting to 10 individuals collectively, this session may be cancelled.
- Cost: Free
- Educators may view a list of targeted grade-level learning standards for this program here.
Cancellation policy: These programs are subject to change and availability may vary based on factors, such as staff schedules and livestreaming platform performance.