Join one of Manatee Lagoon’s educators, we call them Manatee Masters, for a live, virtual narrated feeding of one of our center’s aquaria. You can experience the wonders of the ocean as we introduce you to some of the resident critters in our fish tanks. In each session, you’ll learn what, when and why we feed our featured aquaria and hear some cool facts about the amazing marine life we have on display. While we certainly don’t feed the wild manatees that frequent the waters around our facility, our aquaria require regular feedings.
Each 15- to 20-minute feeding session is open to all ages and will feature one of the center’s five aquaria, such as our Lagoon Tank, which provides “a glimpse beneath the surface” of the waters near our center, our Lionfish Tank, which features a species invasive to our local waters, or our Pacific Coral Tank, which showcases the amazing beauty and diversity of these important habitats.
- Date and Time: Availability is shown on the event calendar. Please note, all programs are in Eastern Standard time.
- Format: These are open public sessions hosted on the WebEx Events platform. Multiple groups and individuals may be booked for the same timeslot. For security, the WebEx Events platform disables participant’s webcams and microphones and participants may submit questions to the presenter only through a Q&A chat box.
- Cost: Free
- Advance registration is required and must be completed at least two days in advance to allow for processing and distribution of links for participants to join live virtual sessions.
- Please note that registrations for these sessions are pending that collective registrations meet our minimum criteria. If we do not meet our minimum criteria of presenting to 10 individuals collectively, this session may be cancelled
- Cancellation Policy: These programs are subject to change and availability may vary based on factors, such as staff schedules, aquaria maintenance and livestreaming platform performance.