*Stay tuned for 2022 programming.
If you can’t bring your camp group to Manatee Lagoon in person, why not sign up for a live 30-minute virtual field trip! Join one of our center’s educators, we call them Manatee Masters, as they introduce your campers to the world of manatees and other local marine life. The session’s virtual experience, which is open to ages 5 to 13, will include a fun mini-lesson on manatees, followed by an overview of what can often be seen from the center’s observation deck. Then your campers will have the opportunity to get answers to their manatee-related questions from our Manatee Master.
- Date and Time: Availability as shown below. Please note, all programs are in Eastern Standard Time.
- Audience: This program is designed for camp groups with campers ranging in age from 5 to 13.
- Capacity and Platform:
- Up to 50, if hosted on the requesting camp’s Zoom or Google Meet account; Up to 900, if hosted by Manatee Lagoon on WebEx Events. A minimum capacity of 10 campers applies to either platform.
- Cost: $35 per session
- Advance registration is required and must be completed at least three days in advance to allow for schedule confirmation and distribution of links for participants to join live virtual sessions.
- Sessions may be hosted by Manatee Lagoon on WebEx events for groups of up to 900 individuals or may be hosted by the camp group on their own Zoom or Google Meet platform via an invitation for our presenter to join their meeting at the scheduled time. If an alternate platform is desired, email email@example.com to inquire about its potential use to receive guidance from us prior to booking. Our team will review platform requests outside of those listed on a case by case basis and determine if we are able to accommodate. Registrations are subject to cancellation without refund if they are completed with a need for an alternate platform without prior approval and we are unable to accommodate the request.
- On the WebEx Events platform, participant’s webcams and microphones are disabled and participants may submit questions to the presenter only through a Q&A chat box.
- Although the live program is led by an educator from Manatee Lagoon, camp counselors must remain present throughout the duration of the live session to assist with monitor questions and managing the session, including on Zoom and Google Meet.
- Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds for this program. In the event the program is cancelled by Manatee Lagoon staff, a refund will be issued within 7-10 days. This reservation is non-transferable.