Manatee Lagoon will be closed to the public until further notice. All in-person programs are unavailable at this time. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and we will post an update on our re-opening date, once available, to our social media channels and website. To explore our free virtual learning resources, click here.
Manatee Masters, our educational docents, guide visitors on walking tours of Manatee Lagoon’s exhibits, providing insight about “all things manatee” and the Lake Worth Lagoon ecosystem. Tours are open to all ages.
Public tours - For individuals or groups with less than 10 people
Tuesday through Sunday (excluding the first Sunday of the month) at 2 p.m.
- Advance registration is requested, particularly during manatee season (Nov. 15 – March 31).
- Registration opens 45 days in advance of each offering.
- The program typically lasts 45 to 60 minutes.
- Cost: Free
Private tours - For groups with 10 or more people
Tuesday through Saturday (no tours on Sundays) at 10:30 a.m. (January – May and August 21 – December)
Saturday only at 10:30 a.m. (June 1 – August 20)
- Advance registration is required.
- The maximum capacity for private tours is 60 people.
- Registration opens 5 months in advance and closes 14 days ahead of each offering.
- The program typically lasts 45 to 60 minutes, but requests to adjust the length of time, up to 60 minutes, can be accommodated.
- Cost: Free
Self-guiding group visits – Groups with 10 or more people not registering for a tour or program
Large groups (10 or more people) interested in visiting Manatee Lagoon without a tour or program reservation are asked to provide at least two week’s advance notice of their plans (e.g. preferred date and time, number of visitors and mode of transportation). We may ask groups to adjust their plans to help manage visitation and parking levels to provide everyone with the best visitor experience. To coordinate a group visit outside of a tour or program, please contact us.
Please be aware that program offerings are subject to change and availability may vary based on factors such as venue rentals, staff schedules or other program bookings.