Plan Your Visit
Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center® is a FREE Palm Beach County educational attraction with a dedicated area for viewing manatees up close. The 16,000-square-foot center features engaging, hands-on exhibits for visitors to learn all about these threatened and unique creatures as well as the natural wonders of the surrounding Lake Worth Lagoon. On cold winter days, the facility’s observation deck is the ideal spot to view manatee herds basking in the warm-water outflows from Florida Power & Light Company’s adjacent Riviera Beach Next Generation Clean Energy Center.
Florida manatee season runs from November 15 to March 31. Although there is no guarantee you will spot a manatee at Manatee Lagoon -- because these amazing, wild creatures are operating on their own time, not ours -- during manatee season, you might see dozens of manatees at one time congregating within plain view of the observation deck. Manatee Lagoon is an optimal location for seeing sea cows, although you should understand that they won't always be there and there is no guarantee that they'll be present.
Manatee Lagoon is free to visit and free onsite parking is available. Guests can visit the facility during our regular hours of operation without a reservation. We also offer a variety of free programs available to the public. Some programs require pre-registration, so please be sure to check the website for more information on specific programs you are interested in attending.
- Manatee Lagoon does not allow any pets on the property. We do, however, allow trained service animals on site.
- Our wardrobe policy is that you must wear shirts and shoes when on grounds.
- Feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- For security purposes, luggage, large or rolling backpacks and duffel bags are not permitted at Manatee Lagoon. Unfortunately, the center is not able to provide on-site storage at this time. Please help us keep our center safe for all visitors. Thank you for your understanding.
- We do not allow private parties on our public property, other than those booked through our official Venue Rentals process. No tablecloths or celebration-type decorations will be allowed to be hung up on our picnic tables, as those are part of a shared space for all of our visitors.
*Please note: the upstairs space and observation deck will be closed during private events. Thank you for your understanding, as the proceeds from these events help offset Manatee Lagoon’s operating expenses and allow us to further support our mission.