Please note, this event is reserved for hometown heroes and their families only. Thank you for your understanding.
To show our gratitude and appreciation for our community's hometown heroes, we invite first responders, healthcare workers, military personnel and educators to enjoy a FREE drive-in holiday movie night with their families at Manatee Lagoon. The drive-in experience will allow families to gather in the safety and comfort of their own vehicles.
Each vehicle will receive raffle tickets to be entered to win fun prizes, a complimentary movie night gift bag filled with snacks and goodies as a “thank you” for serving our community during these challenging times, as well as free food and beverages which can be pre-ordered during the online registration process.
Date: Friday, Dec. 4, 2020
Time: Gates will open at 5 p.m. The movie will begin at 6 p.m.
Cost: Free admission. Tickets are limited and offered on a first come, first served basis. Advance registration is required. Attendees will be required to show a ticket and valid frontline worker ID or badge upon entry.
Featured Movie: The Santa Clause (Run Time: 1 hour 37 minutes). The movie audio will be streamed through the FM radio in your vehicle.
Rain Date: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed until Sunday, Dec. 6, at 6 p.m.
Hometown heroes include:
- Educators: teachers, faculty and staff
- First responders: firefighters, EMTs, police officers, state troopers, border patrol agents, investigators, evidence technicians, firearms examiners, crime lab technicians, 911 dispatchers, correction officers, hand writing examiners, intelligence analysts and investigative assistants
- Healthcare professionals: doctors, nurses and hospital workers
- Military Personnel
This is a COVID-19 safe event. Before attending the event, please review our safety guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and vendors:
- All attendees must remain in their vehicles with the windows up throughout the entire event unless using the onsite restrooms, in which masks and social distancing are required. Sanitation stations will be provided.
- Windows may only be rolled down at check-in and to receive food, during which masks are required.
- Congregating or watching the movie outside of a vehicle is prohibited. Attendees will not be permitted to watch the movie from a truck bed or in the trunk with the trunk left open. The movie audio will be streamed through the FM radio in your vehicle.
- It is recommended that all patrons attending in the same vehicle are from the same household since social distancing is not possible when inside a vehicle.
- Attendees will not be permitted to enter Manatee Lagoon's building or walk around the property.
- FREE food and beverages will be provided to all vehicles. Attendees must order their food in advance during the online registration process. Attendees are welcome to bring their own food and beverages to enjoy in their vehicles as well, however the consumption of alcohol on Manatee Lagoon property is prohibited.
- Our staff reserves the right to designate the parking location of larger vehicles that may obstruct the view of others.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited on site.
- All staff and vendors will be following COVID-19 safety guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during all aspects of the drive-in experience, which includes wearing proper PPE at all times.
Share your Manatee Lagoon movie night experience with us! Post a photo on social media using the hashtag #MLMovieNight for a chance to be re-shared on our channel!