Join Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center®, Loggerhead Marinelife Center, Lion Country Safari and the Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society as we embark on an action-packed virtual summer adventure.
Our week-long virtual camp experiences will feature half-day morning schedules filled with animal observations, experiments, games, crafts and educational lessons hosted by educators from each organization, and will be focused on wildlife and the environment. Themes will vary each week throughout the summer and activities will be tied to the weekly theme. Lessons are targeted for children ages 6 to 9 and will feature a variety of pre-recorded and live sessions, as well as supplemental at-home activities and printables.
Space is limited and registration is required for all participants. Parents and legal guardians may complete one registration per household. There is no fee to participate, however voluntary donations will be accepted and will be evenly distributed among organizations that helped make this program possible to support their environmental and educational missions.
Dates: Week-long sessions begin June 1, 2020; no virtual camp offered week of June 29. Please note that while we encourage families to sign up for the week-long sessions, campers are not required to participate in every session. The camp schedule is provided as a guide for the week, however campers can choose which sessions they want to join throughout the week.
Registration: Registration for each week will close at noon on the Friday before each camp week begins. Please note, registration for the week of June 1 - 5 has been extended until 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 30.
Ages: Topics and sessions are targeted towards ages 6 to 9, however other ages are welcome to register and participate
Cost: Free, voluntary donations can be made during the registration process. Donations will be evenly distributed among organizations that helped make this program possible to support their environmental and educational missions. Thank you for your generosity during this challenging time.
- Friends of Manatee Lagoon: Dedicated to expanding environmental education in Palm Beach County through future enhanced exhibits and experiential learning opportunities. Friends of Manatee Lagoon is a separate 501(c)(3) organization from Manatee Lagoon.
- Lion Country Safari: Dedicated to driving positive connections with people and wildlife in a family-friendly environment. Lion Country Safari is proud to support Giraffe Conservation Foundation (GCF). GCF is the only NGO in the world that concentrates solely on the conservation and management of giraffe in the wild throughout Africa.
- Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society: Dedicated to inspiring people to act on behalf of wildlife and the natural world for 50 years and into the future.
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center: Dedicated to promoting conservation of ocean ecosystems with a special focus on threatened and endangered sea turtles.
Click below to register for each week
- June 1 - 5, 2020: Flippers, Fins, Fur and Feathers
Campers will take a closer look at a variety of fascinating animals, including manatees, sea turtles, chimps and birds. Discover how to train a bird, learn how to draw a manatee and see what goes on behind the scenes in Loggerhead Marinelife Center’s sea turtle hospital. This week is sure to be a WILD time!
- June 8 - 12, 2020: In the Ocean or On the Land
Campers will take a deep dive into the magnificent world that lies beneath our oceans, as well as learn about fascinating wildlife that dwell on the land. Meet the oldest resident at Lion Country Safari, learn all about scuba diving and find out how you can be a water warrior and a coastal champion in this action-packed week of fun!
- June 15 - 19, 2020: Animals Big and Small
From hedgehogs to rhinos, campers will get an up close look at animals of all sizes. Explore microscopic marine life, learn about lions and check out what’s swimming in the outflow at Manatee Lagoon. This week will be a roaring time!
- June 22 - 26, 2020: Amazing Mammals and Reptiles
Campers will be amazed in this week full of fun. Explore legendary leatherback sea turtles, sleepy sloths, totally cool tegus and mammoth manatees. There will even be a live gator feeding that you won’t want to miss!